Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hannah Martin Cohen / 'Are you my mother?'

Cette participation au projet des chaises est le reflet de l’approche minimaliste récente de ma pratique de l’art de la céramique. Je limite le nombre de glaçures et sous-glaçures qui sont utilisées, le céladon étant ma glaçure de choix. J’ai aussi réduit la taille de mes sculptures en céramique. En fait, à l’heure actuelle, je travaille à une série de miniatures; certaines d’entre elles sont basées sur l’idée des netsukes japonais. L’exploration des miniatures est rehaussée par l’usage que je fais du kaolin. Celui-ci me permet d’effectuer un travail plus délicat, plus léger et détaillé. 


   This submission for the chair project reflects my recent minimalist approach to my ceramic art practice.  I am limiting the number of glazes and underglazes  that are used, celadon being the glaze of choice.  I have also reduced the size of my ceramic sculptures.  In fact, at the present time I am working on a series of miniatures, some of which are based on the idea of Japanese netsukes. The exploration of miniatures is enhanced by my use of paper clay.  It allows for more delicate, light and detailed work.
    At the same time I continue to create abstract forms and creatures that  are relatively realistic, and others that are purely imagined, full of fantasy and generally playful. I am also exploring a number of other projects, varied in nature. They include outdoor sculpures, wall hangings and installations.   

Hannah Martin Cohen

Hannah Martin Cohen

Hannah Martin Cohen

No comments:

Post a Comment